Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Childhood Favorite Response

     My favorite childhood favorite was The Chronicles of Narnia, The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe. I loved this book in so many ways, and so many different reasons.
     This book is full of journeys. I feel like this book brings back memories of childhood. When somebody believed in magic, it was okay. Nobody would be teased, or be hurt because of what other people thought of them. I feel like books filled with love and magic open up our imaginations in a whole different way. They also open up our eyes to the world we live in, and the glitches that take place everywhere.
     I feel like this is an amazing book to talk about more complex feelings. Not exactly feelings, but a mix between themes, feelings and mental respect. Magnificence, care, accomplishment, fairness, bravery, courage and love are all the characteristics of being a "king" or a "queen." I feel like in this case, that the king and the queens are the heroes, the ones who display courage, self sacrifice and are changed by the journey. This book is filled with different archetypes.

1 comment:

  1. yes, this is such a magical book. I love that you used the word "magnificence"--it seems to fit it so much.

    ReplyDelete