Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Poem on a Painting



I hear smacks and screams
I hear shouts of pain
I can hear the silent cries 
Deep in her throat

Everything in her mind is calm
At ease
Except the congested part 
Of memories from millenniums ago

I can feel the knot in her stomach
She feels twisted 
And alone
I know she can read my mind

That's why I have to keep my thoughts to myself 
And not share what I can see
Through those dark, shadowy eyes
Of that girl who haunts those who enter 
and torture

6 comments:

  1. I love how your poem has rhyming and it has alot of money. Great job Hallie :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wooaahh...this totally gave me the chills. In a good way.:)

    I love how passionate the poem sounds. I can tell that you really felt it and understood the painting. Like, seriously, you've got some heavy description going on there. Awesome job! :)

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dimitri thanks! but i don't think i mention money...haha
    thai-- thank you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also agree with thai this was really good. It includes lots of details. (im going to use this post for the all star mentor week. if you dont mind.).

    ReplyDelete