Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Response to Twilight

Twilight is another romance drama in the teen world of books. Even though I'm not very far into the book, I can already sense a feeling of hatred between two of the main characters. In most stories, characters are so unpredictable and a lot of the time change feelings towards each other. So maybe feelings will change.

Edward has been being really weird towards Bella. Bella hasn't talked to him yet, so she doesn't understand why Edward hates her so much. Bella hasn't done anything to hurt him either. Sometimes the feeling of love can come off as such a hard and sharp emotion. Like Shakespeare's messages and questions and ways of showing themes, I also wonder if there is such thing as "young love." Is it possible for young children to fall in love? I think the reason Edward and Bella aren't really getting along right now is because they don't know what love "really is." In order to fall in love, you have to know what love is. I don't think many young people understand what love is.

Why is Edward acting so awkward around Bella? Why are other kids talking to her and comforting her? I think Edward is a really interesting symbol for love, and shows a really weird way of what love can be, and what it can change into.

1 comment:

  1. I looooove how you saw twilight as an alternative to what it seems to be. I think most people see Edward's hostile state towards Bella, a reflection of his love for her because he doesn't want to hurt her. But it's great that you think otherwise! I really love how you connected these thoughts to R+J as well, and then used that to connect Edward to a type of young love.
    Awesome development, but I wish you would have expanded a little more.
    :) <3

    ReplyDelete